Founded in 1939, our station was originally named the Agricultural Research Field of Hualien harbor government, which was changed to the Hualien Prefectural Agricultural Experiment Station after Taiwan restoration. In 1948, our station merged with the Hualien Animal Experiment Station, forming the Hualien Prefectural Agricultural and Forestry Experiment Station. In 1950, our station became a subordinate unit of the Agriculture and Forestry Division of Taiwan Provincial Government, and was renamed as Taiwan Provincial Hualien District Agricultural and Forestry Experiment Station. In 1951, our station became responsible for a portion of the operations of the Experimental Economic Farm, Hualien branch. In 1960, our station name officially changed to Taiwan Provincial Hualien District Agricultural Research and Extension Station. In July 1986, the Lanyang Branch that was originally a subordinate unit of the Taoyuan District Agricultural Research and Extension Station became a subordinate unit of our station, enabling our business operations to expand to Yilan County. In July 1999, we became a subordinate unit of the Council of Agriculture of the Executive Yuan, our station was formally named the Hualien District Agricultural Research and Extension Station of the Council of Agriculture, Executive Yuan..